UPCOMING FUEL UP TO PLAY 60 WORKSHOP:
WHEN: July 28, 2015 10:00am - 2:30pm
WHERE: Join in person or online (in-person workshop will be held at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center, 1355 West 3100 South, Salt Lake)
WHAT: This workshop, sponsored by the Dairy Council of Utah/Nevada, will include an overview of Fuel Up To Play 60; new funding opportunities (and how to get funded); perks and rewards for program advisors (including NFL ticket drawing); how to work with partners – and exciting new local partnership opportunities; opportunities and rewards for students; new website and more. Below is a tentative agenda, participants may attend all or parts of the workshop. The workshop will be recorded and available for viewing at a later date.
- 10:00: Welcome and Overview | Why Fuel Up To Play 60 | Academic Success | Empowering Youth | 2015 Student Ambassador Reports | Student Perks and Opportunities
- 11:00: Grant Opportunities for Schools | How to Get Funded - 101 | 2015-2016 Funded “Plays”
- 12:30: Working Lunch – Lunch provided for in-person participants | Program Advisor Perks – National; local monthly; and local NFL tickets drawing | Story Telling – recognizing students, learning from others, how to share your story
- 1:00: Partnerships – to enhance curriculum and school wellness | Opportunities and background
- 2:00: Assemblies, Kick-off, events, promotions | New Website Launch
ABOUT FUEL UP TO PLAY 60:
Fuel up to Play 60 is a fun, school-based program that empowers youth to make healthy choices and create a healthy school environment filled with nutrient-rich foods and at least 60 minutes of daily physical activity. The program was founded by the National Dairy Council© (NDC) and the National Football League (NFL) and is based on a mutual commitment to the health of the next generation. This program is unique in that it is completely customizable to each school and can work in conjunction with existing school-based programs to help schools achieve state & national standards.
Fuel Up to Play 60 is most successful when teachers, health professionals, school administrators, and parents empower kids and work with them to customize the program. Several opportunities exist for deeper involvement & professional credit.
Click on your area of expertise above for more information about getting involved, empowering kids, and earning credit.
General Fuel Up to Play 60 Resources:
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Health & Wellness Partner Ad
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Program Tools Overview
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Quick Start Guide 2012/2013
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Newsweek - Ending Childhood Obesity
- Fuel Up to Play 60: Frequently Asked Questions
- Fuel Up to Play 60 on Facebook!
Need Fuel Up to Play 60 Support? Click Here
|©2011 National Dairy Council® Fuel Up is a service mark of National Dairy Council|
|© 2011 NFL Properties LLC Team names/logos/indicia are trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.|